||[Nov. 23rd, 2007|01:20 pm]
Rachael, AKA The Carbonated Mystery Beverage
I used to be so good, so well-behaved...so monogamous. But anymore, I just start things willy-nilly with no regard for whether I've finished the other things I was working on. I'm talking about my knitting basket, and the fact that it's overflowing with unfinished projects (also known as UFO's). According to my Ravelry page I have 6. There are 2 more that aren't on there. Want a list? C'mon, everyone likes lists. Here you go. It's vague because I'm too lazy to take pictures/find links/think of all of the details.
1. Watercolor socks. Lorna's Laces Sock in Georgetown. I started these a couple of days ago, wanting a new pair of socks to work on over thanksgiving, mainly because of the next item,
2. Faux-argyle socks. It's a Nancy Bush pattern (though that's how I think of the socks, that isn't the actual name of the pattern) in a Knitpicks yarn in pine green. They'll be Chris' for Christmas, but I'm in need of a third ball of yarn for them, so I yanked my favorite sock needles out of them to start #1. But they're a Christmas present, and were knitting up mighty quick, so I'm not really in a hurry (although I'll buy the yarn soon)
3. Purple cropped sweater. An elann brand of yarn, something with silk in it, I think. It's something I'm designing for myself. Had 3 balls of the yarn, ran out, bought two more and haven't picked it up since I ran out of yarn. Needs a bit more on the first sleeve, the complete second sleeve, and I'll add length until I run out of yarn. I'm hoping that if I pick it up Sunday night I can have it finished and wear to sing at the swing dance Friday.
4. There's the orange and yellow shawl that I kn it up two years ago and never wear because it's too small. I have lots of yarn left, so I'm intending to add another repeat or two, but I have yet to do more than dig out the shawl and the yarn and toss them in my basket.
5. A half-finished tweedy black sweater. I love the sweater pattern, I love the yarn, I'm just not sure they belong together. Not to mention that the stitch pattern has this Michelin Man-like effect, which I would suspect will be less than flattering.
6. A barely started ice blue mohair sweater. Another something that I'm designing, but with the mohair it's a little delicate to work with and difficult to carry around and once I stop carrying it around I stop working on it.
7. Mystery Stole 3. I'm not thrilled with it, but yet I'm not sure I want to rip it out, as I do kind of like it. I just don't want to knit the last 4 ridiculously beaded rows.
8. Fair isle mittens in grey and black. Something I designed last fall because I wanted new mittens for this winter, I should start busting ass if I really want them this season. And there's a different yarn for a cheap and easy matching-ish scarf.
Plus there's another pair of socks I want to knit for a Christmas present, plus that sock pattern I'm trying to write up to submit.
I guess finals time is going to be pretty busy for me too ;-)